Greenest City Neighbourhood Small Grants
If you have specific questions about your application, please contact your neighbourhood house coordinator (contact information here).
If you have other questions about this program, please visit our FAQ page.
- Person applying must be a Vancouver resident.
- Project must benefit and be undertaken in a Vancouver neighbourhood.
- Only individuals may apply for funding. Businesses are not eligible for this program.
through one or more of the following priority areas:
- Making businesses greener or creating green jobs.
- Growing and eating local food.
- Making buildings more energy efficient.
- Promoting greener forms of transportation.
- Creating zero waste.
- Mitigating climate change and breathing clean air.
- Improving access to nature and planting trees.
- Conserving drinking water.
- Reducing our ecological footprint.
- Foster long-term behaviour change in local residents for a lasting impact;
- Engage community members of diverse ages, abilities, economic levels and cultures;
- Contribute to measurable outcomes that show real progress;
- Can leverage additional funding, volunteer time, donations of good and/or services, and other resources through receiving a grant; and,
- Offer creative approaches to achieving the Greenest City goals in Vancouver neighbourhoods.
How to Apply
*Note that final decisions on which projects will receive funding are made by the local NSG Resident Advisory Committee (made up of volunteers living in the neighbourhood). Decisions are not made by the City of Vancouver or Vancouver Foundation.
If you live in an overlapping boundary area, you can apply to any of the Neighbourhood Houses or community centres listed in the area through the online application form. View MapApply Online